The IMF Spouse/Partners are offered the services of a career advisor, Sheila McKenna, when they are seeking career services. Sheila is available at the IMF and offers the following services one on one with spouses:
- Job Search Orientation
- Career Coaching and/or advising on job search
- Developing resumes (highlighting your strengths and skills based on job descriptions)
- Conducting interviewing skills sessions (individual preparation for an upcoming interview)
- Introducing and teaching networking skills
- Navigating the US job market
- Administering and analysing the results of job career planning + tactics
2. Workshops and Seminars
- Sheila teaches:
- Interviewing Skills
- Making Your Contacts Count (Networking Skills)
- Sheila plans monthly career networking workshops in partnership with IMFFA on a range of topics such as:
- Storytelling in your job search
- Executive Presence
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator – Personality Testing Past
- Social Media Workshop
To see details of upcoming programs, click here.
- Career Coaching Program
- This program offers additional coaching services to IMFFA members from coaches. Five hours of coaching sessions are offered to a cohort of IMFFA members. The spouses/partners work individually on an in-person or virtual basis with a qualified executive coach.
- The Coaching Program is kicked off with the two-hour interactive workshop led by Sheila McKenna, IMF’s spouse career advisor. Sheila outlines what career coaching is and the benefits plus participants have a chance to hear the other in their cohort, their stories and their job searching experiences.
- Career coaching is not job search; if a spouse or partner is looking for a specific job, he/she should contact Sheila McKenna directly for that service.