Childcare and Education
IMF Childcare Center
The IMF owns a childcare center in HQ1. The center provides full-time care for children ages three months through five years. Please visit http://child-care-preschool.brighthorizons.com/dc/washington/imf/ for information about the center.
The IMF provides 15 days of backup care to all Fund staff and contractuals. Backup childcare is designed for the occasional use when regular childcare arrangements are disrupted and you need an alternative arrangement on a temporary basis in order to meet your job responsibilities. This applies only to unanticipated circumstances (e.g., illness of a caregiver, personal emergencies) and school closures. It cannot be used as a substitute for regular childcare, or in a predictable and repetitive pattern.
Parents of children 3-12 years of age may contact the IMF Childcare Center for temporary center-based care of their child.
In addition, staff and contractuals may use our program with Knowledge Universe in partnership with Care.com for children or any dependent such as an elder or disabled family member.
Families can use any KinderCare or participating CCLC center for in-center backup care, when space at the IMF Child Care Center is unavailable. A list of centers is available on the portal when making a reservation at IMF.care.com In-home well or mildly ill child care is available for families wishing to have a care provider visit their home. In-home elder/adult care is available as needed when your regular care arrangements for older family members are not available.
Examples of Program Use
- When your regular caregiver or stay-at-home spouse is ill or temporarily unavailable.
- When you are between child or adult/elder care arrangements.
- When your child’s regular childcare center or after school program is closed.
- To ease transition back into a regular work schedule when returning from leave.
- To accommodate changes in flexible work arrangements when returning from leave.
- Other work/life issues that staff may face, such as needing to come to work while a caregiver is hired to provide care for a child or elderly relative residing in your household who is mildly ill or incapacitated.
Registration & Reservations
Visit IMF.Care.com or call 1-855-781-1303 to register and reserve care. Registration takes less than 10 minutes and is recommended to be done in advance of needed care. Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance of the day of care.
Backup care is available for 15 uses per employee per calendar year, space permitting. One use is considered as one day or a fraction of a day.
Care.com is an online service for you to find a variety of caregivers for:
· Child Care: babysitters, nannies, tutors, and special needs care
· Adult or Senior Care: companion services, personal care, in-home assistance, and transportation
· Household and Pet services: housekeepers, plant watering, errand runners, pet sitters & walkers, grooming, and obedience trainers
· Access to caregiver background checks, references and ratings
Back-up care is designed for the occasional use when regular childcare arrangements are disrupted and you need an alternative arrangement on a temporary basis in order to meet your job responsibilities. This applies only to unanticipated circumstances (e.g., illness of a caregiver, personal emergencies) and school closures. It cannot be used as a substitute for regular childcare, or in a predictable and repetitive pattern. Backup care days can also be used for elderly care.